July 27, 2006

IlloFriday: Opposites


Welcome back to me! I know its been a great long while since I've last posted and with no really good excuse as to why. What I can say is that this post comes with good intentions. I will be turning 30 in two months. Two months, what a great time frame for me to set some new goals and get some things accomplished. This post is part of my first goal: Post an illo every week. As most of you know I tend to get caught up in the daily rat race and then attempt to have a social life to counter balance the endless hours spent at work. In all of that time, I've never made enough time for my art. This is probably one of the more difficult goals I've chosen to accomplish but will be the most rewarding. I cant guarantee that each piece will be 100% complete but at least I will attempt something every time! Id love for you guys to stop by and let me know what you think...your critiques always encourage me to do more work and make each piece better than the last!

9 comments:

Jill said...

Welcome back to Ilo Friday. I love the colors and the overall feel of this one - well done.

30 is a GREAT milestone. Having passed it by a few years, I can assure you that you get a better sense of yourself in your thirties.

ADAM said...

excellent use of color. I particularly like the day portion, I feel like it brings me towards the surface of the sun.

Also, thanks for your comment on my piece for Opposites:)

LittleMissMachete said...

Love the simplicity (i mean it in a very good way) and its wholeness. Great choice of colours.
I'm with you there: I’ve also promised myself to publish something every week.

Happy b-day!! In case i forget to say it later ;)

Ellen said...

You did wonderful translating the theme. Great piece!

Franfou said...

I like the competition between your colors...great !

chacha said...

ooo lovely piece and glad you are back in illo-action. this one came out great. i love the clouds :)

Willie Baronet said...

Cheryl, congrats on turning 30. It only gets better! :-) And nice work. I hope you continue to post stuff. Glad to have found you. :-)

Tricky Trev said...

Nice artwork. I like the colors you used as well. Congrats on closing in on 30. Hope you have 30 more after that, then another 30...and then you buy a cryogenic sleep chamber and live forever. :)

Anonymous said...

hey girl, I love the art work; you did a good job with this one! -
Turning 30 should be fun, I am sure yours will be fun and adventurous! It's been a few months since I turned 30, but it's quit nice! - Genevieve