WooHoo! I made time and managed to bust out an illo this week. So initially I wasnt really enthusiastic about the topic this week. Im seriously allergic to cats, and therefore not a huge fan, but also this topic just didnt inspire me. Until at some point, it struck me. I remember when I was younger I would watch Mark Kistler's Imagination Station with ChaCha and we would learn to draw cartoony things for hours. One thing I learned was to draw this cat. Ive always just loved it and my first reaction to drawing a cat is always this one. Im actually quite pleased with the way it came out.

9 comments:
I have no idea what you're talking about with the show, but I love the cat and the entire piece. Your color scheme really turned out nice! Hopefully you can get something up a little sooner next week ;)
oooooh mark kistler. "yeeeeeaaaaaah" (with thumb slowing sweeping from left to right) man we did love that guy! his little critters and creative drawing tricks were really kool. weird how that cat sticks in your brain, but he sure is cute!!! i love all the colors in the background. nice job!! looks like i might have to skip on this week, not really diggin the topic.
lil' cher, i am going to channel neil here for a minute, but how could this not be sweet kitty related. not only does it involve a cat, but it involves the nightmare that was having weekend children. basically the picture you made is nice, but it could have been epic with some super mario brother trees and a white blob (aka rabbit) surrounding it
Man I didnt even think of Sweet Kitty, I wonder why? Oh yeah thats right, Ive worked hard on blocking out Sweet Kitty and the five sided star, the Super Mario tree and the white blob of a rabbit! I apparently did a good job until you were ever so kind as to bring it back to my attention. Damn you Jordan!
poor sweet kitty, always unappreciated. no wonder the cat you drew is looking down, it is ashamed of how you treated your previous cat. cha cha would have been nicer to sweet kitty. by the way, you should just wear sweet kitty as a cape next time you head out on the town.
oh no you dont, ive heard of this sweet kitty and its dark side. jordan so crazy, he should take in sweet kitty and give her a good home :)
Good idea!! I can drop off Sweet Kitty when I go out there in March. Fantastic!
Cheryl...that’s pretty sweet...reminds me of a hallmark card...its graphically very pleasing...great job
Hey.. i love the kitty, he is so cute.. and definately remember "the yeah man." hehehe.. and i know everyone else already told you this but i like the contrast in the colors, it adds S-T-Y-L-E... STYLE... (that is from blank check, mom knows..)
Post a Comment