
Posted by Picasa
So there it is. My hoopty, the etcher-mobile, in all its old and run down glory. I bought it when it was just a year old back in '97 with very few miles on it. Now, in 2005 with over 120,000 miles, a few trips from Mass to Florida and back, two hit & runs, one small fender bender and a whole lot of snow Ive decided its seen better days and its time to say goodbye. This picture barely does justice of the rough shape this car is actually in, it was on its very last leg.

Posted by Picasa
For those of you who know me, know Im a yankees fan and also know that I have had that Yankees vanity plate on the front of the car for almost as long as Ive owned the car. Thanks Jeff ;) Well it too has seen better days and I have decided to let that plate sink with the ship. Most of you up here in Mass are very enthusiastic about this especially since I now have Mass plates, which are required to be in the front and back, which means no vanity plate replacement. I have also decided to return the Florida plates to my dad and let him begin a new generation of etcher-mobile, it is after all his business. So drum roll please....I present...the new ride...

Posted by Picasa
2005 Black Jeep Wrangler SE. 4 Wheel Drive. 6 Cylinder Automatic. Soft top, A/C & CD player. Can I just say I absolutely love this Jeep! It fits me to a T. Im sure the enthusiasm will wear off eventually, but for now I cant help but have permagrin every time I drive it. Its great driving down the interstate with the top down on a beautiful day. Its also great knowing that if I, for some silly reason, forget to put up my windows and there is a terrential down pour, all I have to do to drain the three inches of water that could gather on the drivers side floor is lift up the carpet and pull the drain plugs. I can also breathe easy knowing that the seats dry almost instantly and one would only need to sit on a towel to keep ones clothes from becoming damp. I think I read all about that in a brochure or on the web, it doesnt come from first hand experience, I mean come on...its only a week old, would I do something silly like that? I must also comment that Im even more excited about it because its my very first brand new vehicle. Ive only owned the '88 Chevy Cavalier and the '96 Mitsubishi Mirage and bought both of those used. Ive worked really hard and I think I deserve a new vehicle. Watch out kids, Im moving up in the world...Im getting a little bit older, a little bit wiser and deeper in debt, isnt life grand ;)
12 comments:
congrats! wish i was coming up there so i could take it for a spin or two. and you doing crazy things like putting up the top and leaving your window open while it pours only a day or two after you have purchased it, why would do something crazy like that. i guess there is only one question left after all the goodbyes and hellos to the new car.....are you ever going to get use to not aiming for potholes?? :) maybe one or two here and there for old times sake, but none to ruin the alignment!
now the question becomes "will cheryl, in her new jeep, actually be able to pick me up at the airport and not have it take 2 hours?"
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! man jordan, i think no matter what kind of vehicle cheryl drives she will never get to the airport on time. my first airplane trip to boston, she left me at Logan by myself cuz she was late getting there...'traffic was backed up.' so im sitting there with luggage in tow, eating some goldfish and these 2 crazy hippies with their lives packed in their bags sit right next to me and stare at my food. no offense cheryl, but youre always late for the airport. good thing youll be flying into NYC to meet us :) love ya.
Yes thats true, but if I always picked you up on time chacha then you wouldnt have these wonderful "stuck at the airport" stories to tell, now would you? Not funny Jordan, and the two hour part was more what it took for us to get back home since 93N was closed...totally not my fault.
i just said 2 hours, like 2 dollars, and as a matter of fact it would have been faster if i had rode through the park on my bmx bike than the last time we tried to make it back to the ville. i never tried to indicate that it was you being late as much as i was indicating the incredible amount of time that it took us, not just you, to make it a grand total of like 12 miles.
you guys are crazy. hopefully together you can make it to port charlotte on time when you both come down here. :)
Totally Cheryl!!!!!
what the jeep or the fact that I cant make it to or from the airport on time?
The wheels! Congrats! Sweet ride!!!
Where's the action photo of you behind the wheel?????
-Chas
'hello.....is there anybody in there? just nod if you can hear me. is there anyone home??'
I can't believe you survived for 120,000 miles with YANKEE plates in Beantown. Tell your friends it'll still take 2 hours to get to the airport because they keep closing the tunnels in the vicinity of the big dig.
Nice ride! I always wanted a Jeep.
Enjoy...=^..^=
Post a Comment