August 01, 2006

IlloFriday: Clean


So Im 2 for 2 with 8 to go! I dont plan on stopping once my birthday hits but I need to give myself a countdown, aside from my birthday that number gives it more substance for me, something to aim for.

So on to the illo....this weeks topic is clean and when I think of clean I think of the smell of oranges, clean laundry/soap, and for some reason white fluffy clouds in a crisp blue sky. So I decided to incorporate all of these elements into one piece. I orginally wanted to have just a couple large reflective soap bubbles over the text but I had a really hard time finding a good tutorial to create the right kind of bubbles. Anyone know of any good ones out there for photoshop? So after all its mant phases, this is the final piece I ended up with. Im suddenly feeling the need to go do some laundry ;)

7 comments:

Willie Baronet said...

All right! 2 for 2 is a great start. What better way to bring in 30. :-)

You deserve to have time for your art!

Digital Scott's Illustrationblog said...

Nice! I thought of the same color scheme. A fresh orange and vibrant blue.

Larry Lee said...

Very nice work. I also like your opposites post.
8^)

chacha said...

i like it. when i look at it, it reminds of a laundry detergent commercial. ya know the big block font with the clouds and fresh scent look. nice job! and the illo is coming for this week. i missed out on last weeks but i got one already done, just needs to be scanned.

Anonymous said...

Oh Cheryl, you and I used to live together, so I laughed when I saw this one! All I thought was hmm, Cheryl walking around behind me with a broom stick! Im kidding! =) As usual, you did a good job making this pic look awesome,,,oh and clean! =)

Gerald de Dios said...

Your illoFri submission really reflects your "clean" design style. Very nice.

howser said...

anybody got a mop?